Saturday, September 7, 2019

Preserving Pears: drying method

It is that time of year when we are busy preserving summers bounty. Our old pear tree had another bumper crop so while I worked on pickles the last couple weeks the hubs worked on the pears.
We like to dry our pears and are still using the food dryer that my grandpa built many years ago. I believe he made three and I could not begin to count how much fruit has been dried over the years in just our hand~me~down dryer alone. It may take a little longer but the end result is the same...
...piles of Pears!
Next year we are thinking about canning some of our pears. Now that we have two pear trees there will be a lot more to preserve so it looks like we will have our work cut out for us. 

Have a Great Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...