Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Get Well Soon ~ care package

It is probably safe to say that when you are under the weather the last thing you want to do is plan and cook a meal. 
That was the case a few weeks ago so I made up a simple little 
Get Well Soon care package for two. 
If I had to do it over again I would have added a little more color to my packaging since the food was not as colorful as I would have liked but all in all it was fun to put together. I used a cardboard drink holder that I had saved to hold the canning jars full of soup, the bread and sugar cookies. It was just the right size and worked out perfectly for packing it all together.  
I made most of the food the morning of delivery so it would be nice and fresh. 
While the bread was baking I personalized the package with a simple tag that I made with my rubber stamps and a little freehand and also tied on some wooden spoons with handwritten messages on the handles.
Since I knew we were staying for a short visit I also made a batch of Raspberry Almond Breakfast Bars to go with our coffee. We had a nice visit and I am happy to report that they received another amazing meal the same day!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Jen, I thought your care package was so clever and festive. It was fun to see your photos.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...