Saturday, April 13, 2019

Easy Asparagus Orzo

Spring and Asparagus go together like Oregon and Rain, at least in my book. Every Spring I look forward to both the tender new asparagus and even the rain showers. Asparagus is perfect this time of year and this year is no exception. 
We usually like to roast it however we decided to mix it with orzo one night for something new. It was really quite simple. While my orzo was  cooking I sautéed some fresh minced garlic in butter in a skillet.  Then I added asparagus that I had snapped into bite sized pieces. I only used the tender top half of the stalk however more could be used or it could be saved for something else. Once the asparagus was tender/firm I added the drained orzo to the skillet and tossed it all together with parmesan cheese. YUM!
We loved this combination and it is perfect for Spring.


Enjoy your Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...