Saturday, August 19, 2017

Taco Bar

Last Sunday I set up a Taco Bar for Sunday Supper which included:
  • taco shells ~ corn, flour, soft and hard shells 
  • 3 types of meat  ~ shredded pork carnitas, shredded chicken AKA Pollo and spicy ground beef 
  • cilantro lime rice 
  • avocados
  • sautĂ©ed assorted peppers and red onions
  • shredded cheddar and pepper jack cheese 
  • refried beans
  • black bean and corn salad
  • tortilla chips, salsa, sour cream, lettuce, black olives, green chile peppers & a variety of taco sauce
The chicken and pork I made in my two slow cookers. I set them each on low for 6 hours. I made my spicy ground beef along with the salad ahead of time and also prepared all the toppings earlier in the day as well. Once everyone arrived and we were ready to eat it was quick and easy to set everything out.

Several of us made Taco Bowls starting with cilantro lime rice and then topped with the works. The others made traditional tacos and some made both.
For dessert Miss E made everyone her Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes which were,
once again,
delicious. 

PS....the new grass was finally mowed on Wednesday!
I will be posting more about that soon. 

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. What a feast you prepared!!! Something for everyone and I'll bet everyone wanted it all. :-) I know I would

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...