Saturday, July 8, 2017

Meal Delivery ~ medically restricted diet...Part 1

I am finally back after a month long hiatus and hopefully returning to a more normal routine. A big thank you to my faithful followers and all those who continued to check for new posts while I was away. June was packed full of planned celebrations as well as unexpected events which all required our full attention. I did, however, manage to take photos along the way and have some June projects to share this month if all goes as planned. 

I thought I would start with this special meal we delivered this week to a dear friend who is currently having chemo treatments. She is on a restricted diet consisting of all organic food, high protein, low carb, select green vegetables and no sugar. After looking through lots of recipes I finally decided on a menu that I thought would work and baked some chicken breasts in a flavorful lemon, garlic, wine sauce served with a green arugula salad, fruit rolls and mixed fruit parfaits for dessert. Unfortunately I was interrupted by another medical emergency and forgot to take a picture of the chicken. Thankfully our emergency was resolved and the dinner was delivered.  
Arugula Salad with Brussels Sprout, Grapes, Apples and Balsamic Vinaigrette.
{ vegetarian, gluten free }
Fruit Rolls with Honey Lime dipping sauce.
{ sugar free, low carb }
Blueberry/Strawberry Fruit Parfaits with honey sweetened Mascarpone Cheese Mousse.
{ sugar free, low carb }
Of course, I made enough for us too...YUM! 

Have a wonderful day!


1 comment:

  1. What a Very Special Meal......delicious and nutritious and beautiful! Such a lucky friend you have. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...