Saturday, March 18, 2017

Scones { bakery style }

Last Sunday I discovered a scone recipe that I had clipped from the newspaper years ago. It sounded like something we would like so I gave it a try this morning. 
Fortunately I had just enough blueberries in the freezer to make the trial batch. Since they were frozen blueberries the batter seemed a bit wet but I pressed on. 
Once the crumb topping was sprinkled over the top it was ready for the oven.
In spite of the moist texture they turned out beautiful
and tasted amazing! I now know that frozen blueberries work great although I look forward to using fresh pick blueberries this summer. Either way we loved these scones. I actually tried two new recipes today. The other is a dessert and I even made a gluten~free version so everyone will be able to try it. I am hoping to have taste testers here tonight and/or tomorrow to give me their opinion. If all goes well I can post it in the next couple days. 

♥ ♥ ♥

PS...Thought I would add last Saturday's treats as well. 
We had another Coffee Klatch at my sisters house which is always a good time.  Our parents and we three sisters make up the core group, the guys join us if the can and the kids are hit and miss. We chat it up for several hours while we drink coffee and eat treats. What could be better? I like to bake something to take so this time I made raspberry streusel muffins, lemon scones and I had a request for cinnamon rolls. My sister was thinking ahead to St. Patricks day and made a batch of Irish Soda Muffins which were delicious and very festive.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. .......and a grand time was had by all and we enjoyed the treats immensely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...