Monday, March 20, 2017

candy bar meets pie

Can you believe this candy bar, peanut butter cheesecake, ganache topped pie recipe was filed away years ago and never tried!?! I am not sure how it slipped through the cracks. If it hadn't been for a conversation I had with some friends a couple weeks ago about their favorite Snickers Pie, in all likelihood, it would not have been on my radar and probably never discovered in my recipe box.
However, as fate would have it, the old recipe which was cut out of the local newspaper and attached to a recipe card with tape caught my attention. Of course, upon discovery I could not resist the urge to make a tester pie ASAP and promptly went out to buy the key ingredient ~ Snickers candy bars.  Saturday I made the pie and also 2 mini gluten free versions as well. My taste testers came back to the house for dessert after we all went out for pizza and tried the new dessert.
It was a hit!
I would still like to try the restaurant version again to see if this is anywhere near the same but even if not, this Snickers Pie recipe is a keeper.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Yea!!! Another winner. It looks decadent. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...