Saturday, October 29, 2016

SWEET Saturday

I thought it would be fun to post my October sweet delights together since I didn't get all of them posted earlier this month.
So here is a little 
OVEN LOVIN' EYE CANDY
to start your weekend!
I made this double layer Tres Leches Cake to take to an October dinner meeting. It was good but not great however I don't think it was the recipe necessarily. I am guessing it was due to the lack of time I had to let the milk mixture completely soak into the cake. I think I will try again when I have a little more time. 
In early October my sister had a family Coffee Klatch and I brought an assorted tray of homemade goodies to share which included pumpkin mini muffins and two types of Pumpkin Cream Puffs as well as a fresh apple cake, warm from the oven, each serving topped with warm brown sugar sauce { I was in a hurry that morning and did not get a picture of the apple cake }. The cream puffs with the icing drizzle were made from scratch and have a Pumpkin Curd and Maple Whipped Cream filling. The cream puffs sprinkled with powdered sugar were filled with a Pumpkin Cream and were the favorite of the two. 
A couple weeks ago I made Gingerbread Cake for Sunday Supper dessert. I used one recipe to make both a regular bundt cake and several gluten free bundtlet cakes. It worked perfectly.
Have a SWEET Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud to say I was able to sample some of these delicacies and they were divine!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...