Thursday, October 27, 2016

CHILI COOK~OFF

Last weekend I had a Sunday Supper request for homemade chili. That sounded perfect for a wet fall weekend so Miss E  and I started planning a little Chili Party.
 Well, Mr. Wonderful heard us talking on Saturday about our chili party menu and announced that he wanted to make a pot of chili too. He knew he wanted his chili to be extra spicy and was going to use chunks of beef but wasn't sure what else he was going to put in it at that point. By this time I decided we needed a chicken chili too and naturally, with 2 cooks in the kitchen, it quickly became a fun 
Chili Cook~Off.
We had Brats smoked on the Traeger with or without buns, rice, homemade gluten free cornbread mini muffins and also garlic french bread for our sides. The toppings included green onions, cheddar and pepper jack shredded cheese, avocado's, sour cream and of course mustard for the Brats. 
We had 3 Chili's in all.  Dad's Spicy Chili had chunks of beef, beans and lots of spice {and was gluten free}. I made a Spicy Chicken Chili with beans and tomatoes { also gluten free } and my thick and spicy meat and bean chili. We served the chili in mugs since they were just the right size for sampling. 
For dessert I made a Pumpkin Silk Pie with a Gingersnap Crust made with my homemade gingersnap cookies. YUM! For a gluten free version I omitted the crust and served the gluten free Pumpkin Silk Pie filling in a ramekin. Easy Peasy!
Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. It's so great how you turn a "chili supper" into an EVENT!!! Delicious fun, I say. :-) And pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...