Monday, October 17, 2016

Pumpkin Cake { gluten free }

I have not one but TWO exciting things to share today. The obvious news is my new gluten free Pumpkin Cake recipe but also I have finally, after a very long search and many trials and errors, learned how to make my recipes printable! I think this new method will be quick and easy for me as well as those of you who want to print out the recipes. 

So back to my gluten free Pumpkin Cake. I decided to have a taste test to see how much of a difference there was between my regular and my new gluten free Pumpkin Cake recipes. I made one of both and after Sunday Supper I served everyone a piece of each cake, except of course, those that are gluten free who tried only the new GF version  All of us agreed that there was virtually no difference in taste or texture between the two cakes and gave the new recipe thumbs up! 
I am feeling successful x's 2!!!
And I am happy to say I have posted my new printable recipe below.
Enjoy!

print recipe

Pumpkin Cake { gluten free }
by Jennifer Stull
Ingredients
  • 1 { 16 ounce can } pumpkin
  • 4 eggs
  • 1-2/3 cups sugar
  • 1 cup oil
  • 2 cups Bob's Red Mill 1-1 gluten free baking flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder ~ gluten free
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda ~ gluten free
  • 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Instructions
CAKE: Combine pumpkin, eggs, oil and sugar in large bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Add gluten free flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and nutmeg to pumpkin mixture and mix thoroughly. Spread batter in ungreased 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool. FROSTING: 6 ounces cream cheese 1 cup butter 2 teaspoons vanilla 4 cups powdered sugar Cream together cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Add powdered sugar and beat until mixture is smooth. Frost cake.
Yield: 24 squares

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Not only is the cake gorgeous (and I know it was delicious), you are a computer genius too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...