Monday, August 22, 2016

Gâteau Fondant Aux Poires ~ French Pear Cake

We have a bumper crop of pears this year and they are
ripe and ready for picking! 
Since the pears are extra large and so heavy they are beginning to drop off the tree which causes a lot of bruising. The good news is there are still plenty on the tree to pick for baking and drying, however time is of the essence.  

One of my favorite fall desserts is pear pie which I made last week. YUM. Unfortunately, not everyone in the family likes it so I have been searching for a new dessert, made with pears, that everyone would enjoy and I believe I have found just the thing. 
I recently came across this easy recipe for an amazing
 French Pear Cake that seemed to fit the bill.
I made it over the weekend and served it for breakfast
{ since I couldn't wait until dinner }.
It was wonderful!

Have a beautiful Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Your new recipe is a great find!! I'll try is one of these days. Too bad I just made a rhubarb cake yesterday or I'd do it today!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...