Thursday, May 15, 2014

Farmhouse Tea { annual mother ~ daughter tea party }

Last Saturday was our annual mother ~ daughter tea party. The Farmhouse theme was very fun and made it easy to gather up decorations. 

For the centerpiece I used the rack from my canner to hold canning jars full of flowers. I had originally planned on using baby's breath, however, I sent my farmer to the market to pick up the flowers and ended up with beautiful sunflowers instead. They were perfect! 
I have to admit I set the table 3 different times trying to decide what color of tablecloth I wanted to use and in the end I settled on white. I used denim pockets I salvaged from my farmers old worn out jeans as napkin holders and placed a denim square cut from a pair of the jeans under the flowers. To make quick, easy, coordinating napkins I found some red and white checked fabric in my stash, cut it into squares and frayed the edges. 
I love these rooster cocktail napkins which were my grandmothers. I thought they would be a perfect little addition for the table, however, they were a bit too small to fit into the  denim pockets so instead I placed one under each blue water goblet. 
I also used the Rooster quilt my mother made to drape over the back of the sofa for a little extra decoration in the "tea room".
I will be posting more fun details about our Farmhouse Tea in the next couple days.
Have a great Thursday!

To see the Farmhouse Tea Invitations go here,

1 comment:

  1. The sunflowers were gorgeous. Kudos to the farmer!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...