Saturday, February 1, 2014

I HEART hand pies {apple}

When our kids were in school I almost always packed them a lunch to take, however, there were  occasional times they wanted the school lunch instead. In grade school our oldest son liked to have a school lunch on days when the menu included apple pie. He loved their individual pies so much that one day I stopped and asked the lunch lady about them. She told me that they were baked in the central kitchen and then delivered to the school so she wasn't privy to the recipe. At that point the idea of making some myself was put on the back burner, so to speak. From time to time the idea would simmer up again but never gained much steam....until last weekend. Finally, after all this time, I did it, I made my family Hand Pies!! 

To make my Hand Pies I used my go~to pie crust and filling recipes and in lieu of the pie plate I used a cookie cutter to cut the crust, a fork to crimp the edges and placed the individual pies on a cookie sheet to bake.
Cherry Hand Pies would be especially fun for Valentines Day however only two of us like cherry pie so maybe I will try Berry filling instead. 

 Happy FEBRUARY!

1 comment:

  1. Those hand pies are SOOOOO cute!! They look absolutely delicious . I can taste them already :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...