Thursday, September 27, 2012

1st Wedding Anniversary {paper}


This month our newlyweds have been married 
"1 YEAR" 
so I wanted to make something special for their
1st Wedding Anniversary. 
Since the traditional 1st Anniversary gift is "paper" I decided to try making this cute boy and girl out of old maps after being inspired by the idea on Pinterest. I don't have a cutting machine, such as a Cricut™, so I printed silhouettes on paper, traced them onto clear plastic for exact placement on the map, traced again and then cut them out by hand using scissors and an exacto knife. Once they were cut I glued them to heavy card stock and cut them out again. I tried mounting them on different colors {white, blue, brown and black} however I think I prefer the black with this mat and frame. 

Tomorrow I will post another "1st Wedding Anniversary" gift I made. I couldn't decide which one to do so I made them both!  

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful idea!!! Beautifully done. Can't see the maps clearly, but I'm betting all the roads lead to OSU!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...