Friday, July 6, 2012

fishing cake

Our daughter and I had fun decorating this cake for 
Grandma's 
4th of July
{her actual birthday}
Surprise Birthday Party
 and needless to say 
she likes to fish!

● ● ●

This fishing theme cake was quick and easy with the help of a few props which I found at our local cake decorating shop. I set out looking for a female fisherman but quickly realized there are none to be found and since time was short I settled on the male figurine that came with the boat. I also purchased some fish but could not find trees that were anywhere near proportionate 
so
we made our own. 
I also made a couple signs to add to the cake as well as the "Happy Birthday Mom" banner. I used crushed vanilla wafers for the sandy beach and we frosted ice-cream cones for the trees.

FUN 
FISHING 
cake for a birthday on the 
FOURTH
of July!

5 comments:

  1. The trees look great. Quite labor-intensive, but I see you had good help!! (smile) The cake turned out beautifully. I'm sure the Birthday-Girl loved it. The boat even has a motor!!! How cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, I did have great help. It was fun to work on it together.

      Delete
  2. That is so darn cute! You and Bunney did a great job. Hope you had fun on the 4th. Lu

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...