Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Marinated Carrots

2# carrots, cleaned & cut into matchsticks
1 large sweet onion, sliced
1 can tomato soup
1 C. salad oil
1 C. sugar
3/4 C. vinegar
1 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1/4 t. dill weed

Cook carrots until  just tender.  Drain and cool quickly. Place in 2 quart casserole or bowl with pepper and onion. Combine remaining ingredients for marinade and pour over vegetables. Chill at least 24 hours before serving.

This is one of my favorite spring time salad recipes. I'm not sure why it reminds me of spring but I always make it a lot around this time of year. 

● ● ● ● ●

from my list of one thousand gifts

coffee in china tea cups::a bouquet of pink tulips::80 degree days::yard work::spring cleaning::the sound of birds singing at dawn::the smell of fresh cut grass::the birth of our first child 27 years ago today

Happy Birthday JOHN!

● ● ● ● ●


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...