Wednesday, June 15, 2011

recycled tags

Aren't these the greatest tags?! 
I had never really paid that much attention to clothing tags until recently when I noticed one I was removing from a top I had purchased. I'm not sure why it caught my eye because I had thrown one away that was just like it a few days earlier but this time I noticed the interesting shape, the size and how easily the barcode sticker came off. I also like that they are made out of heavy card stock and have metal grommets. One of the tags even had a satin ribbon attached, a nice bonus. 
 Needless to say, I have started a collection of recycled tags. 


This is a cute reversible tag. I cut the words off the bottom since they were so close to the edge and it is now ready for decorating. If there is printing that can't be cut off a tag it could be covered with paper, ribbon or just about anything. 

  
This is the first tag I have created since starting my new collection.  


Other tag decorating ideas might include stamping, transfer, stickers, mixed media, collage, etc.
So many possibilities! 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...