Sunday, February 17, 2013

pecan breakfast rolls

I tried a new recipe:
Pecan Breakfast Rolls
{which I served with hashbrowns and eggs}.
This recipe calls for two cans of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls however I actually only had one  so I made half the recipe instead which was plenty for the three of us. Two cans would have added another layer on top making the finished loaf a bit taller.

Pecan Breakfast Rolls
recipe from: Savor the Flavor of Oregon cookbook
Yield: 6 to 8 rolls

2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
2 Tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 to 2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped pecans

     Topping:
2 Tablespoons honey
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cups pecan halves

Unroll crescent rolls and separate into 16 triangles. 
Spread each triangle with butter. Combine sugar, cin-
namon and chopped pecans. Sprinkle on each triangle. 
Roll up each triangle starting at widest end and roll to
opposite point. Place rolls point side down in a greased
9 x 5 loaf pan, forming 2 layers of 8 rolls each. Bake
at 375 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes. If rolls start to 
brown, cover pan with foil during the last 10 minutes
of baking. Remove from pan at once, placing right side
up. 

Topping: In sauce pan, add all topping ingredients 
except pecan halves. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
Drizzle over warm rolls, then top with pecan halves.

Jennifer@theGrandSurprise 


Also,
today I am celebrating my
2 year
BLOGiversary!!
It's hard to believe it has been 2 years since I published my first post
Thank you to my family, friends, followers and everyone who stops by to visit my blog. 
I appreciate all of your comments, emails and words of encouragement! 

Have a wonderful Sunday!!
 

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I wish I was at your house for breakfast this morning!! Yummy !! A piece of pecan roll and a hot cup of coffee!!! Congratulations on your 2 year blog anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rolls look wonderful and the hat is terrific. I'm surprised it isn't a crown! (smile, wink)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...