Friday, July 22, 2011

Royal Hawaiian Tea

Summer is the perfect time to have a tropical party
 so how about a:
"Royal Hawaiian Tea!"
That was the theme of my tropical mother/daughter tea party. 


My invitations were DIY plane tickets!


 I designed my own ticket template to look like original paper plane tickets, which I happened to have,  giving me the ability to customize them with party information. I also wrote a poem that I used as the itinerary giving guests more details. On the tickets I assigned each guest a gate and seat number, everyone was assigned first class of course, which I used on place markers, party favors and programs. I created my own "Aloha" stationery graphic to decorate the back of the ticket. The tickets were folded at the perforation line and then tied with natural colored rafia, a silk hibiscus and a Hawaiian Islands Tea Company tea bag tag was attached. 


I made the batik pineapple tablerunner and napkins from fabric I purchased at a quilt shop in Maui. The centerpiece decorations were souvenirs that I collected on vacation. 


The image on the card under each plate is a copy of a collage I made and gave as a gift at the party. On the  back of each card is a custom "Aloha" bingo game that I made. 

I will post more party details tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great trip down memory lane, on many levels (smile).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...