Wednesday, October 12, 2022

OKTOBERFEST 2022 :: Desserts

Last weekend was our neighborhood Oktoberfest Potluck and late in the week we were still light on signups for dessert so I was more than happy to bring a couple. 
Of course I wanted to stick to the German theme and decided to make Nussecken which are cookie bars and also referred to as German Nut Corners.
The apricot jam is one of my favorite ingredients in these layered cookies/corners.
Hazelnuts are the suggested nut however I like to use almonds.
In addition to the German Nut Corners I also made a batch of German Chocolate Cupcakes.
These cupcakes coordinated well with the Nussecken. 
The Oktoberfest dessert table actually ended up with several other sweet treats which was great. There was a good variety and plenty for all. 

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...