Wednesday, June 8, 2022

........... HOTST !! { hot off the sewing table } ..........

His & Her WHITE COAT bottle covers!
This was a such a fun project. Little white coats to slip over bottles to give as gifts. 
To get started I made a sample coat using cotton fabric. My intention was not to have any raw seams however it was a bit easier said than done on such small pieces. Even though I was  beginning to change my mind about the fabric I continued until the little coat was sewn closed along the sides and then slipped it over a bottle to see how it looked. It was adorable however I knew right away that a coat made with felt would be much easier and faster so I ditched the cotton and cut the remaining coats from white felt. 
Once I had some White Coats sewn together it was time to choose buttons and accessories. This collection of assorted buttons happen to be from my mother so the little coats were even more special.  The bias tape was some I had made for the cotton coats so that will be saved for another project.
A shirt & tie and a strand of pearls completed the ensembles along with a some bandages for the pockets. 
To be honest, the accessories were changed many times before the deadline because it was so hard to decide and so fun to try different things. While I was finalizing the bottle covers I also had some other DIY White Coat projects in the works which I will be sharing soon. 

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...