Saturday, December 30, 2017

80th Birthday Party ~ crafts, games, crown

Every party needs a few DIY crafts and mother's 80th Birthday Party was no exception. 
I like to make crowns for the guest of honor and they are usually made to coordinate with the theme of the party. Since this party had a wintery theme white seemed appropriate.
I thought a corsage would also be fun so I used a red and white tape measure to make a bow/flower and attached a pin to the back.
We played two games at the party. The first game was How Well Do You Know the Birthday Girl".  I wrote a question for each guest with corresponding number and wrapped it up in a party popper with a numbered piece of paper, a pencil and a few matching candies. The Birthday Girl received a special popper that included the list of all the questions, a pencil and candy. All the party poppers were handed out randomly except for the marked popper for the Birthday Girl. Each guest read their question out loud and they all recorded the best guest on the number paper. The Birthday Girl gave the answers to all the questions and the guest with the most correct answers won a prize. 
We also played a second game between the Main Course and Dessert called Left and Right. I handed out 3 wrapped gifts around the table and then read a story I wrote about "Mother Right". The gifts were passed right and left around the table according to the story. At the end, whoever was holding a package got to keep it. Both games were lots of fun.         
I wanted clay ornament place markers for our table so I experimented with two types of dough. I decided I liked the look of the salt dough the best so made one for each guest. I used assorted lace to emboss each ornament and individual letter stamps to make words.  Each ornament was unique. Miss E made all the embossed name cards and we tied them to the ornament. 
I found this great mug that I used as a planter for a Paper White to give to the Birthday Girl. 
These DIY String Trees were easy to make.
I used poster board to make cones and covered them in plastic wrap. Next I made a solution of cornstarch and water, dipped the string and wrapped it around the cones. Once they were dry I just slipped them off. It was super simple and I really liked how they looked on the table. 
Here's a sneak peak of our party table.
I will be back with one more post to wrap up the 80th birthday. 

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...