Monday, May 22, 2017

The Secret Garden Tea Party ~ game

Every year at our mother ~ daughter tea party we play a game or have a simple activity at the table. This year we played a trivia game using custom made cootie catchers/fortune tellers.
To create the game I used tea party words and graphics as well as trivia questions I used from The Secret Garden book. In the middle I added a garden quote, also from the book, and surrounded it with a frame. Once the graphics and words were in the correct places I printed them on off~white paper. Next I folded each one into a cootie catcher, folded all of them in half again and tied them into little packages with bakers twine. They were then hidden in a box on the table. 
When it was time for the game we opened up the box to reveal the little packages. After they were passed out and unwrapped we paired up and took turns answering the questions or at least trying to guess.
The answer keys had been placed in an envelope and tied with a ribbon. Once everyone had played a few rounds we opened the envelope and passed out the answers. 
A simple and fun little tea party game that could be adapted to any theme. 

To find out more about our mother ~ daughter tea party go to:


1 comment:

  1. I'm still waiting to catch a bird eating and drinking in my teacup. Perhaps I will need to sit quietly reading a book to be a successful bird-watcher!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...