Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Birthday Dinner { Gluten~Free Sunday's}

Last Sunday we celebrated our middle son's birthday with a Birthday Dinner full of some of his favorite foods. The menu included marinated pork loin with homemade honey mustard, rice and black bean salad, kale and carrot salad and cornbread. 
The Kale & Carrot Salad shown below was a new recipe I tried from New Seasons Market. It was easy to make and very good. The dressing had a kick to it which surprised us at first but we really liked it. It was full of flavor and I decided I could always cut back on the cayenne pepper if needed however we tend to like things a bit on the spicy side.  The only change I made to the original recipe was adding some avocado so other than that I followed the recipe.
The Birthday Dinner was completely Gluten ~ Free
except for the 
Oreo Cookie Cheesecake
{ another one of his favorites! }
however,
the Chocolate Birthday Cupcakes 
were 
gluten ~ free.
Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday!





1 comment:

  1. What a fun menu. I'm sure #2 Son was well-pleased.
    Love your decoration on the cupcakes!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...