Thursday, December 18, 2014

TRES LECHES Christmas Cupcakes

Last weekend was our annual White Elephant Christmas Party and the food theme this year was Mexican. I couldn't decided what to make for the potluck until a friend suggested Tres Leches { 3 milks } Cake. I had never made or ever eaten Tres Leches cake before however once she described it I knew right away I wanted to try it. 
 The food at this party is served buffet style and is eaten mostly while standing so I thought it might be more convenient to serve cupcakes which would be easy to grab and go. 
Since the 3 milks that the cupcakes are soaked in have a tendency to seep out at the bottom I decided to use foil cupcake liners to keep the milk mixture contained and help prevent messy fingers. 
I also put some of the cupcakes in red and clear plastic cups and served those with a spoon. That worked well and looked pretty cute too. 
Little Tres Leches Parfaits!
The cupcakes were a hit with our friends at the party and also with my family so I will definitely be making them again.

1 comment:

  1. Your cupcakes are so beautiful and I know they are/were delicious as well!! Perfection......

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...