Saturday, January 18, 2014

Sweet & Sour Chicken with fried rice

I was in the mood to make something new for supper this week and decided to try these 2 recipes since I had all the ingredients on hand except for the frozen mixed peas and carrots, however, I did have frozen peas without the carrots so I improvised. I took a large fresh carrot, peeled it, cut it into small  cubes {approximately 1/4 inch}, microwaved the cubes in a small covered bowl until tender crisp and then added those to the peas. It worked perfect. From there I followed the recipes and everything turned out great. In fact we liked this meal so much that there weren't any leftovers. This will definitely be added to the menu rotation!
You can find the recipe for the Sweet & Sour Chicken at Mel's Kitchen Cafe and the Fried Rice at Life in the Lofthouse.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...