Thursday, November 7, 2013

Burnt Butter

I recently made some Burnt Butter to put on some pasta and our family loved it. Since then I have discovered many recipes that call for Burnt Butter {also called Brown Butter}. It is easy to make and is Oh So Good!
Place 1 cup butter in a 2 quart sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat. 
Stir constantly once it begins to boil and continue stirring as the butter starts to foam and rise.
Continue cooking until amber in color {approximately 1~2 minutes}. It will begin to have a caramel aroma.
Pour the burnt butter through a strainer.
There will be residue at the bottom of the pan which can be discarded.
I keep any leftover Burnt Butter in the refrigerator and then reheat in the microwave as I need it. 
I drizzle the Burnt Butter on pasta and over vegetables. It is also called for in desserts such as cookies, tarts and cakes which I am  hoping to try next and will let you know how they turn out.
Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! What happened to the comment I wrote yesterday? Guess I did something wrong. The Burnt Butter looks divine, but I'm afraid to try it for fear I'd drink the whole thing. Perhaps if I made it, used just a bit and then froze the leftovers?????? I'll think about it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...