Monday, February 6, 2012

auction display boards

Here are few of the boards I made last week.
I have been designing auction display boards for non-profit organizations every year since 2004
for a total of 
9 years
14 auctions 
and 
500+ boards. 
I enjoy the challenges of creating multiple layouts (approx. 30+ per auction) on a tight deadline (approx. 5-7 days). I purchase most of the supplies a week or so before I begin due to the fact that there is not usually time during the week before the auction, when I'm in full production, to run out for more.  The live auction items are different each year and for every auction making each board unique, which means, coming up with new ideas quickly and then hoping I have all the coordinating supplies. 
A fun project.  

2 comments:

  1. The boards are beautiful. Wherever did you get those animal heads? They look as if they are ceramic. Is that real Battenberg lace on the 'Red Carpet' board? Good work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. The animal heads are plastic children's masks which I got at a party store that unfortunately has gone out of business. The animal photos on that board are actual pictures taken on Ron's trips to Kenya.

    There are actually two boards in the photo with the Red Carpet. The lace is on a board above which is for a Private Chinese Dinner Party. It is a paper lace placemat I had from a mother/daughter Valentines party I put on for my Girlscout troop years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...