Thursday, August 11, 2011

summer GRAD party


These were the invitations I made for the party. I added tiny silver star stickers in the middle of the printed stars for a little sparkle.  


We printed some simple signs and tied balloons around the yard... 


...and put some orange and white grad stickers on these clear cups
to make them a little more festive. 


 My original plan was to cover the 6 tables with orange and white gingham oil cloth but I wasn't having any luck finding either the oil cloth or the gingham. Finally, on the day before the party I thought of one more store to try, success! Not only did I find oil cloth but they had it in w&o gingham. However, my excitement was short lived when I realized there was only enough fabric on the roll for 1 table. I went ahead and took what was left and then found some nice cotton gingham that matched perfectly to cover the other tables. It worked out great. 


We BBQ'd a salmon Ron caught this spring
 as well as 
hamburgers and hotdogs.



 I made several salads, some baked beans and ordered a Costco cake in case I didn't have time to make dessert 
although
I did get some sugar cookies made at the last minute.  


A simple backyard BBQ on a beautiful August afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. Looks just like I remember it!!! A great event for a great guy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...