Monday, April 18, 2011

paper quilting

 The last couple of weeks I have been working on these invitations for a mother/daughter tea party I am planning. After lots of trial and error, getting hung up on details and fussing over finishing touches I finally called it good and mailed them off last week. 
On the left is my first sample dress attached to my first version background. 
The invite on the right is a modified version of both the dress and the collage background. 
The one in the middle is a finished invitation.
I used my sewing machine to paper quilt the dresses, hand stitched most of  the embellishments such as beads and buttons, then attached the finished dresses to the background which I collaged using vintage sewing patterns. No two dresses were alike.


This is the back of the invitation. I tried to include as many sewing terms as possible in my poem and used my collage again for the background.  I also embellished the four corners (not shown here) with flowers that matched the dress on the front. 

Sew much fun!!! 


1 comment:

  1. Such a clever and beautiful grand surprise!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...