Wednesday, August 22, 2012

bumper crops

It seems as if all of our plants and flowers are bigger than usual this year 
especially our
I have never seen so many pears on our tree before. The heavy, overloaded branches are being held up by supports
but the limbs still cannot hold the weight of so much fruit
so this is what we find each morning, noon and night.
I think we will need to start picking the pears sooner than later and let them ripen off the tree. 
{I can hardly wait to get out my pear recipes!}
● ● ● 
We have a boatload of tomatoes too
and have been patiently waiting for them to turn RED. 
 Finally on Sunday, we found our
 first 2 RIPE tomatoes
of the season!!!
Always plenty of yard work to do,
especially in the summer.

1 comment:

  1. The tomato crop is really late this year. I haven't found any home-growns to buy yet down here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...