Saturday, June 23, 2018

Chicken Lettuce Wraps & Watermelon Appetizers

One thing is for sure, we love P.F. Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
However, in spite of all our good intentions to stop in for our favorite menu item, we never seem to get there as often as we would like. So this week I decided to try making them myself. 
Since I was already preparing appetizers to share at a neighborhood party I thought a plate full of little chicken lettuce wraps might be fun to take as well so I tried cooking up a batch. When I finished making the filling I thought I better be sure it passed the taste test first and proceeded to assemble a couple samples for the Hubs and Miss E to try. Right away they gave them two thumbs up so I decided to sample a little myself. Oh my goodness, was it good!  In fact, the chicken lettuce wraps never made it to the party. That's right, we ate them all right then and there. I know that sounds terrible but thankfully I still had the yummy Watermelon Appetizers already plated and ready to go.
These summery treats were fresh and tasty and best of all, simple to make with only four ingredients; watermelon, feta, mint { fresh from our garden! } and drizzled with a balsamic vinegar reduction. Easy, Peasy!
So, as it turned out, the chicken lettuce wraps became our dinner instead and the watermelon appetizers made it to the party. 
Fast, easy and so good!

Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. Both dishes look beautiful. The watermelon app is unusual and sounds very refreshing!! The lettuce wraps made my mouth water. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'll try to remember to make them for you the next time you're here. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...