Monday, April 24, 2017

Baby Shower Desserts ~ cupcakes

A couple weeks ago a friend asked me if I would be interested in baking dessert for a baby shower for her niece who is also a friend of mine.  Of course the answer was yes! She  said the theme was zoo animals and suggested a cake or cupcakes for approximately 24 guests. Other than that, the choices were up to me. 
Since the mother~to~be loves Snickers Pie I decided to try making Snickers Cupcakes. I started by baking a dozen chocolate cakes and then made some salted caramel sauce. 
Once the cupcakes had cooled I filled the middle with peanut butter nougat,
frosted the tops with peanut butter, salted caramel frosting, 
spooned chocolate ganache over the frosting, drizzled the top with salted caramel sauce and then topped them off with
brown DIY Elephant Cupcake Picks. 
I also made a dozen vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting and sprinkles. They were topped with the coordinating white DIY Elephant Cupcake Picks. The cupcakes turned out just how I had hoped, however, I didn't stop there.
Yes, you guessed it, there is one more dessert!

Tomorrow I will share the fun animal themed cake that I made as well. 

Have a marvelous Monday! 

1 comment:

  1. These look so delicious. It's amazing how much you can put into/onto one little cupcake. Your friends are so lucky to have you baking for them!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...